Gifts for Readers and Writers website and trade terms and conditions of use, and company registration details.
Please ensure you understand and agree to the following before using this web site or trading with us.
The term “Gifts for Readers and Writers” or “us” or “we” refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is 16 Great Queen Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2B 5AH, UK. The term “you” refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website, which are not the property of, or licensed to the operator, are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- You may not create a link to this website from another website or document without Gifts for Readers and Writers’ prior written consent.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England and Wales.
The following terms and conditions (“the Conditions”) are the terms on which Gifts for Readers and Writers (“the Company”) sells to other businesses and supersede all other terms and conditions used by the Company.
1. Orders, price and payment
- 1.1 No contract shall come into existence until the Company confirms the order for Goods in writing.
- 1.2 Any cancellation of any order by the Buyer must be in writing, and agreed as cancelled also in writing by the Company. In case of any cancellation, the Buyer may be released from its obligations under the contract after payment of a sum for reasonable liquidated damages.
- 1.3 Prices are subject to change with one month's notice if significant currency exchange fluctuations.
The description and quantity of the Goods to be sold (“the Goods”) shall be as set out in the quotation provided by the Company to the Buyer (“the Quotation”).
The Company shall deliver the Goods to the Buyer’s address and on the date as both are shown on the Quotation. Time shall not be of the essence for delivery. The Buyer shall make all necessary arrangements to take delivery of the Goods on the day notified by the Company for delivery.
The Company must be advised in writing by recorded delivery of any defects in the Goods as soon as they are discovered by the Buyer who shall be deemed to have accepted the Goods if they have not been rejected on or before the seventh day after delivery. The Buyer shall not be entitled to reject the Goods in whole or in part thereafter.
5. Title and risk
The Goods shall be at the risk of the Buyer following delivery and, notwithstanding delivery, title in the Goods shall not pass to the Buyer until the Buyer has made payment of all sums owing to the Company failing which the Company shall have the right to repossess or otherwise recover the Goods. Until title passes the Buyer shall hold the Goods as bailee for the Company and shall store or mark them so that they can at all times be identified as the Goods of the Company.
6. Limitation of liability
- 6.1 Save in respect of personal injury or death due to any negligence, the Company shall not be liable to the Buyer in respect of any loss suffered by the Buyer due to any defect in the Goods.
- 6.2 Without prejudice to Condition 6.1 the Company shall not be liable to the Buyer or any third party for any loss of profit, consequential or other economic loss suffered by the Buyer arising in any way from this Agreement.
7. Set off and counterclaim
The buyer may not withhold payment of any invoice or other amount due to the Company by reason of any right of set-off or counterclaim which the buyer may have or allege to have or for any reason whatsoever.
8. Force majeure
The Company shall not be liable for any default due to any circumstance beyond the reasonable control of the Company including, but not limited to, Acts of God, war, civil unrest, riot, strike, lock-out, acts of civil or military authorities, fire, flood, earthquake or shortage of supply.
- 9.1 If any term or provision of these Conditions is held invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason by any Court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be severed and the remainder of the provisions hereof shall continue in full force and effect as if these Conditions had been agreed with the invalid, illegal or unenforceable provision eliminated.
- 9.2 The Company may without the consent of the Buyer sub-licence its rights or obligations or any part of these Conditions.
- 9.3 The headings in these Conditions are for ease of reference only and shall not affect the interpretation of any of the Conditions.
Notwithstanding any other provision of this agreement, nothing herein shall confer or is intended to confer a benefit on any third party for the purpose of the Contract (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 or for any other purpose.
11. Entire agreement
Each of the parties agrees that save in respect of statements made fraudulently it shall have no remedy in respect of any untrue statement upon which it relied in entering this Agreement and that its only remedies shall be for breach of contract.
12. Governing law and jurisdiction
The laws of England and Wales shall govern this Agreement and the parties hereby submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
Delivery for website orders
Please allow up to 21 days for delivery, though we usually despatch within a day or two. A full refund (less postage) will be made within 30 days if not completely satisfied and if the goods are returned within 30 days of receipt of goods. If goods are faulty on arrival, a full refund (including postage) will be made or replacement of goods, if requested, within 30 days, if the goods are returned within 30 days of receipt of goods. These terms and conditions do not affect the consumers' statutory rights. All orders will receive a full VAT receipt if applicable. All prices quoted are inclusive of VAT.
Please note that when shipping goods outside of the EU, on the rare occasion additional charges for duties and taxes can be applied at customs. Thinking Gifts are not responsible for paying these charges and therefore is up to the receiver of the goods, who is responsible for paying the additional charges.
Gifts for Readers and Writers Ltd is registered in the UK
Company Registration Number: 5848926.
VAT Registration Number: 906 0626 44
UK warehouse for returns:
Unit1, Mamhilad Park Estate,
Telephone no. +44 (0) 1495 767 862
USA warehouse for returns:
Gifts for Readers and Writers Returns
c/o M Pack Solutions
355 Airport Road
Gallatin TN 37066
Telephone no. +1 770-518-1560
Our contact details are:
Gifts for Readers and Writers
First Floor, 85 Great Portland Street
Telephone no. +44 (0) 845 299 3916
Fax no. + 44 (0) 845 430 4501
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998). We collect information about you for 2 reasons: firstly to process your order and second, to provide you with the best possible service. We do not send random marketing emails to personal email addresses (spam), unless you have given us your consent. We will give you the chance to refuse any marketing email from us or from another trader in the future.
The type of information we will collect about you includes: your name, address, phone number, email address, credit card details. All personal details and credit card payments are secured by SSL/128 bit encryption. We will never collect sensitive information about you without your explicit consent. The information we hold will be accurate and up to date. You can check the information that we hold about you by emailing us. If you find any inaccuracies we will delete or correct it promptly. We will not store financial information or card information.
The personal information which we hold will be held securely in accordance with our internal security policy and the law. If we intend to transfer your information outside the EEA (European Economic Area) we will always obtain your consent first. We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviours of visitors to our site. This can include using a "cookie" which would be stored on your browser. You can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening. The information collected in this way can be used to identify you unless you modify your browser settings. If you have any questions/comments about privacy you should email us.
In the unlikely event of a complaint, please email us with your complaint. We will acknowledge your complaint within 5 working days, and aim to resolve the matter within a further 5 working days. Our procedure aims to be fair, confidential, and effective, as we are always striving to improve our service to you. Equally if you have any comments or suggestions, please feel free to email us.
All goods remain the property of Thinking Gifts Limited until fully paid. Thinking Gifts Limited reserves the right to charge the full legal costs in the pursuance of any unpaid debts.
Thinking Gifts is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Thinking Gifts may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 01/01/07.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as post code, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gatherWe require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional email about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to enable you to visit other websites of interest easily. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Gifts for Reader and Writers, 16 Great Queen Street, Covent Garden, London, WC2B 5AH UK
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Thinking Gifts and whilst we endeavour to keep the information up-to-date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.
In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of or in connection with the use of this website.
Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Thinking Gifts. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.
Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Thinking Gifts takes no responsibility for and will not be liable for the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.
This website and its content is copyright of Thinking Gifts Company Ltd - © Thinking Gifts Company Ltd 2020. All rights reserved.
Any redistribution or reproduction of part or all of the contents in any form is prohibited other than the following:
- you may print or download to a local hard disk extracts for your personal and non-commercial use only
- you may copy the content to individual third parties for their personal use, but only if you acknowledge the website as the source of the material
You may not, except with our express written permission, distribute or commercially exploit the content. Nor may you transmit it or store it in any other website or other form of electronic retrieval system.